Five people took part in this edition, focused on water management and held in Madrid, Valencia, Murcia and Almería from July 9 to July 13 | Report: 6th Indian Leaders Programme 2018
Through the Programme, SICF invites several experts in a specific area to visit Spain for a week. Thanks to meetings and technical visits, the participants get in contact with Spanish companies, institutions, public figures, experts and political representatives.
This gives them a chance to share knowledge, explain areas of potential and analyse challenges and opportunities in the two countries, creating paths for communication and knowledge with a view to strengthening Spain-India relations.
The Programme also seeks to provide participants with a broader overview of Spain’s economic, social and political situation, given that it is all-important for the two countries to get to know one another in more general terms in order to be able to cooperate in specific areas.
This time, the Indian Leaders Programme focused on water management and invited five participants to visit Madrid, Valencia, Murcia and Almería from July 9 to 13.
- Shri. R.K. Gupta. Chairman cum Managing Director (CMD) WAPCOS Ltd.
- Dr. M. Dinesh Kumar. B-Tech, M.E., Ph.D. Executive Director, Institute for Resource Analysis and Policy (IRAP)
- Pankaj Vir Gupta. Arquitect. vir.mueller architects & Harry S. Shure Professor of Architecture, University of Virginia
- Nidhi Srivastava. Deputy Commissioner. South Delhi Municipal Corporation
- Juhi Chaudhary. Journalist, Special Correspondent. The Thirdpole and India Climate Dialogue
The Programme’s first edition had a multi-disciplinary focus with opinion leaders from the areas of business, academia, research and media; the 2013 edition focused on Indian media and had nine Indian journalists on board; six prominent figures in Indian higher education took part in the 2014 edition; the 2015 Programme brought five Indian MPs to Spain and, lastly, the 2016 edition focused on sustainable urban development.