Elcano Royal Institute holds 'India-Spain Relations and Global Challenges' conference
06
OCT 2017

Elcano Royal Institute holds 'India-Spain Relations and Global Challenges' conference

SICF participated in the event alongside the Ambassador of India to Spain, Venkatesh Varma

Elcano Royal Institute held the 'India-Spain Relations and Global Challenges' conference in Madrid, with the presence of the Indian Ambassador, Venkatesh Varma.

The Spain India Council Foundation also attended the event, which offered an opportunity to review political and economic bilateral relations between Spain and India.

The Ambassador highlighted the “excellent relations” between the two countries and the very positive balance in the political area.  India sees Spain as a key partner to foster relations with the European Union, Europe as a whole and throughout the Mediterranean.

In the economic sphere, Mr Varma discussed a number of Spanish companies with successful operations in India, such as SICF's patron Acciona, Gestamp and Gamesa. He also highlighted the ability of Spanish companies to position themselves in the Indian infrastructure, smart cities, defence, renewable energy, food and tourism sectors, among others. The Ambassador stated that 92% of the Indian economy is open to foreign investment, and that even in the remaining 8% (areas such as Defence and nuclear security) Spanish companies can find business opportunities.

Venkatesh Varma also pointed out the important role to be played by Spain, as one of the main EU members, in closing a trade agreement with India, which is now progressing with renewed momentum and “will take relations between India and the UE to a whole new level”.

To sum up, the Ambassador described India as one of the most reliable international partners for Spain to maintain its economic growth abroad. That, he stated, was one of the messages conveyed by the country's Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, to Spanish Premier Mariano Rajoy and King Philip VI during his visit in May, which he described as “very productive”.

Twitter Feed

La compañía #india Mahindra elige España e Italia para el lanzamiento en Europa de su nuevo modelo, KUV100 y anunci… https://t.co/xrsl5CSEv8
20-Apr-2018 13:30
#India lidera el crecimiento mundial de cuentas bancarias https://t.co/owoRQjjDCq via @EconomicTimes
20-Apr-2018 13:00
RT @ICEXIndia: ¿Quieres encontrar nuevas oportunidades de negocio para tu empresa?💼💵¡Suscríbete a nuestro servicio gratuito de #Oportunida
20-Apr-2018 12:30
RT @CasaAsia: Boletín de Actividades - Casa Asia - https://t.co/2dGocqGWBn
20-Apr-2018 12:28
RT @SiemensGamesa: Siemens Gamesa wins 140 MW of wind power orders in India for multiple projects https://t.co/QWpquevsWf #wind #windpower
20-Apr-2018 10:01
Una delegación de la Federación de Fútbol de #India visita España para conocer la organización y funcionamiento de… https://t.co/W1M4Cjh2KS
19-Apr-2018 16:10
El @SalonLook_ 2018 de @feriademadrid aumentará su visibilidad en varios países, incluido #India, con una misión co… https://t.co/7iAESzw6r7
19-Apr-2018 15:25
RT @IndiainSpain: Enhancing academic ties-Ambassador met with Vice Chancellor of @usal H.E Mr @RicardoR_Usal at #Salamanca University https…
19-Apr-2018 15:01

Follow us

Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
Youtube

Newsletter

Contact

C/ Serrano Galvache, 26.
Torre Norte, planta 9ª. 
Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores
y de Cooperación 
28033 Madrid (ESPAÑA)
+34 91 379 17 21
contacto@spain-india.org

 

See Map

Patrons

ABERTIS
ACCIONA
ALIANZA 4 UNIVERSIDADES
GRUPO LACOR
AYUNTAMIENTO DE BARCELONA
AYUNTAMIENTO DE MADRID
CÁMARA DE COMERCIO DE ESPAÑA
CASA ASIA
CASA DE LA INDIA
CENTRO PARA EL DESARROLLO TECNOLÓGICO INDUSTRIAL
CHAINCORP
CUATRECASAS
FUNDACIÓN RAMÓN ARECES
GAS NATURAL FENOSA
NAVANTIA
ICEX
IE
INDRA
INSTITUTO CERVANTES
CAIXABANK
MINISTERIO DE ASUNTOS EXTERIORES Y DE COOPERACIÓN
MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE
RK CONSULTANTS
GRUPO SANTANDER
TÉCNICAS REUNIDAS
UNIVERSIDAD DE VALLADOLID
©2012 Fundación Consejo España India